Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Live the moment, ride the wave....

Ole ole ole ole..... I have been on a high for the last one month. The team i have been supportin since 94' has given me a reason to be so elated. I have been on a different planet since Italy's victory over germany. What a game they played. It's was a classic chess game with both teams moving forward cautiously. Through out the 90 minutes Italy and Germany played out a midfield battle. It was a tensed and agonisingly long night.......With Fabio Cannavaro marshelling his defence to keep the strike force of Podolski and Klose at bay it looked like Italy were gonna nick it 1-0 in regular time. But as all gr8 matches it went into xtra time and looked to be heading for penalties where Buffon's experience and Jens Lehman's previous heroics would be tested. But Fabio Grosso had other idea's. In the 119th min Del Piero's corner kick was directed towards goal but cleared temperorly until the ball fell to Andre Pirlo who passed it to Grosso. On instinct with his first touch Grosso curled the ball past the German goal keeper's right. As the ball hit the net and bounced gingerely the capacity crowd was stunned. And Grosso was the hero for Italy. I was estatic and screaming my lungs out like crazy..... I was still celebrating when i look up and see Del Piero putting another one past the german keeper. This was too much for me to handly. Two goals in the dying two minutes of xtra time.... It was 3 a.m and i was celebrating and screaming and waking up my neighbours too :-) I was outta control. My sis thought i was gonna collapse....Italy are in the Finals! This couldn't have been a betta world cup. I'm just living the moment and have been smiling since Italy's victory over germany....Forza Italia Forza Posted on July 6th 2007

No comments: